Visitation Guidelines for the University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital
All visitors should use the Comer Children's main entrance, stop at the lobby desk, and present photo identification (such as a driver's license or state ID). Once cleared by the front desk as an approved visitor, they will be provided with a visitor pass. This pass should remain with the individual throughout the visit.
Four visitor passes will be available for each patient room on Comer 5 and 6. Two passes will be available for the NICU and PICU/CICU.
Parents have 24-hour access to their child. Visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for all others.
Each parent and legal guardian will be provided with a yellow band to identify them as having 24-hour access.
Siblings and Friends
All minor children (17 years or younger) have additional visitation guidelines to promote safety and infection control. Ask your child's nurse about the process to have a minor visit your child. Minors must be supervised at all times.
Number of Visitors
- NICU, CTCU and MTCU: Up to two people are permitted at the bedside
- PICU and CICU: Up to four people (two parents/legal guardians with yellow ID bands and two visitors) are permitted at the bedside
- Comer 5 and 6: A total of six people (two parents/legal guardians with yellow ID bands and four visitors) are permitted at the bedside
Use of Hospital Elevators and Bridges
- Use of guest elevators requires staff assistance after visiting hours. Use of staff elevators requires staff assistance at all times.
- The second floor bridge is for patient transport and parents/guardians with yellow ID bands
- The third floor bridge is for patient transport only
The University of Chicago Medicine reserves the right to limit visitation as it considers appropriate to the interests of children, families, visitors, and staff.