Children with rheumatic diseases--such as lupus and juvenile idiopathic arthritis--have complicated needs that affect their health, development, and well being. If your child is struggling with such a condition, you can be assured that our staff has the knowledge and skills to significantly improve your child's outlook.
Nationally recognized for excellent clinical services, the Section of Pediatric Rheumatology specializes in the diagnosis and comprehensive management of children with rheumatic diseases, including:
- Musculoskeletal pain, including hypermobility
- Pain amplification syndromes, such as fibromyalgia and reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Rheumatic fever presenting with arthritis
- Juvenile psoriatic arthritis
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura
- Other Vasculitis syndromes such as Behçet’s syndrome, polyarteritis, and Wegener’s granulomatosis
- Lyme disease
- Kawasaki syndrome
- Fever of unknown origin
- Periodic fever syndromes
Our program treats the largest number of children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and lupus in the Midwest.