Our pediatric experts treat infants, children, and teens with all types of kidney and urogenital problems--from high blood pressure and electrolyte imbalances to kidney failure and glomerular diseases. We provide the most sophisticated treatments, including:
- All types of hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis for kidney failure. Inpatient dialysis is also available for children with acute kidney failure and other emergency situations.
- Kidney transplants--including living donor transplants from related and non-related donors. Our transplant surgeons are internationally recognized for their expertise. Because of their high level of experience, they are able to perform transplants on even the tiniest of infants.
- The latest medical approaches to glomerular diseases and other kidney problems, including recent advances in immunosuppressant medicines
- Minimally invasive approaches. When surgery is necessary, our surgeons often employ laparascopic approaches to minimize a child's pain and speed recovery. For instance, our surgeons can remove some or all of a child's kidney through a tiny incision that leaves only a small scar.
- Innovative approaches--including soundwaves--to treating kidney stones. Our kidney stone experts can also help prevent future kidney stones in children.
- Prenatal testing and counseling for expectant parents of infants who may have congenital kidney abnormalities.